Page Content

About Us

Corry Evangelical United Methodist ChurchThe United Brethren Church began in 1864, in the home of Lloyd Smith, organized by Rev. J. W. Clark. In 1865, the first church building was started on the corner of West Pleasant and Lemon Streets. This building was never completed. It was torn down and moved to what is now East Columbus Avenue, opposite Pine Grove cemetery.

On February 24, 1872, this first church was destroyed by fire. A second church building was constructed at the present location in 1872. By 1927, the church had remodeled and transformed into an attractive brick veneer building and had almost paid the debt off during this time. A fire completely destroyed the church building on Saturday, February 1, 1936. The present structure was finished and dedicated on Sunday, December 6, 1936.

On November 16, 1946, after earnest deliberation, our United Brethren Church united with the Evangelical Church, forming the Evangelical United Brethren Church.
The beautiful new parsonage and Educational Building which connects the church and parsonage were built in 1950. Over the next few years, improvements were made to make our church more beautiful and its ministry more effective.

In 1968 the Evangelical United Brethren Church and the Methodist Church united. At that time we voted to become the Evangelical United Methodist Church.

We are continually trying to improve our building with the times to make our facilities accessible to the community and to allow us to work with other organizations to hold meetings and gatherings in our facilities. We have recently added an elevator to the front corner entrance of the building, which allows access to the sanctuary and fellowship hall. Regardless of our name or facility, we strive to be a fellowship of believers who wants to reach out to our surrounding community and win hearts for God.